Bacon & Tomato Quiche
Wed, 18 July 2018
- 125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 50g/2oz Butter or Margarine
- About 4 tablespoons Cold Water
- 2 Rashers, chopped
- 1 small Onion, thinly sliced
- 50g/2oz Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 Tomato, sliced
- 2 Eggs
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas 5. Lightly grease a 24cm/9" flan dish.
- 2. Sieve flour into a bowl. Coarsely rub in the butter/margarine. Add sufficient water to give a soft but not sticky dough.
- 3. Lightly roll the pastry on a floured board, then roll it out and use to line the flan dish.
- 4. Spread the rashers, onion and cheese on the base and arrange the tomato slices on top.
- 5. Beat the eggs, milk and pepper together and pour over the filling in the flan dish.
- 6. Bake for about 30 minutes until filling is golden brown and set.
Delicious served with a simple green salad