Wed, 27 June 2018
· Swiss Roll Sponge (made using the Odlums Swiss Roll recipe which Catherine made last week)
· 135g block Raspberry Jelly
· Fresh Fruit in Season
· 4 tablespoons Sherry (optional)
· 500g carton Ready to Serve Custard
· 170ml carton Cream (whipped)
- Grated Chocolate or Hundreds & Thousands
- Dissolve jelly in 300ml/½pt of boiling water, stirring well. Bring up to 600ml/1pt with the reserved juice, sherry if used, and water.
- Slice Swiss Roll into fingers/strips and arrange in the base of a large glass bowl.
- Pour over the jelly mixture, press down well with the back of a spoon and smooth the top. Allow to set.
- Place the fresh fruit on top of the jelly and sponge layer, then pour over the custard and spread evenly, next spread over the whipped cream and finally sprinkle with preferred topping.
Watch how to make it below: