The queen of baking Catherine Leyden prepares this delicious recipe from "Truly Tasty" a book featuring recipes for people living with Kidney Disease.
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Sugar
- 1 level teaspoon Shamrock Bread Soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 125g/4oz Grated Carrot
- 1 x 432g tin crushed pineapple, in own juice (well drained)
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- Put the flour, sugar, sieved bread soda and cinnamon into mixing bowl. Stir in the carrot and pineapple.
- Beat egg, oil and essence together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat until all well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 1 to 1½ hours until firm to the touch and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Turn onto a wire tray to cool