Dublin Fire Brigade issues warning to parents after popular Christmas toy nearly catches fire

13th Dec 17 | News

Dublin Fire Brigade have issued a warning to homeowners after a popular Christmas toy almost went up in flames last night.

The team at DFB shared an image on Twitter this morning of a burnt Elf On A Shelf toy that had been left sitting too close to a lamp. The owner was praised by Dublin Fire Brigade for buying a toy with the CE mark. 

They wrote:

"Close one for this  after she ended up on a lamp. The householder had done the right thing & purchased one with a CE mark. The Elf resisted heat for 40 minutes. Keep all decorations away from heat"

Darren O Connor from Dublin Fire Brigade was in the Ireland AM studio this morning with the top safety tips that we should abide by this Christmas:

MORE FROM XPOSÉ