Melissa George: 'I just tried to fight for myself'20th Mar 17 | Entertainment News
Melissa George has broken her silence on the violent incident that ended her relationship to businessman Jean-David Blanc.
The Australian actress opened up about the alleged assault for the first time during an interview on Sunday (19Mar17) amid her bitter custody battle with her ex-partner over their two children, sons Raphael, three, and Solal, 16 months.
Blanc is pressing charges against George, claiming she attempted to "kidnap" their sons after Melissa tried to take them out of France days after the assault last September (16).
Recalling the incident on Australian TV program Sunday Night, The Good Wife star became tearful as she described how an argument with Blanc turned violent in their Paris, France penthouse apartment.
"It started with him on top of me, with my arms locked above my head," she told Sunday Night reporter Steve Pennells. "I just tried to fight for myself, which made him more angry, which made me more angry and he pushed me into the door and then struck my face and I hit the wall and fell on the floor. He stood over me and said, 'Now you're a real actress.'"
Melissa then alleged that the 48-year-old "grabbed the back of my head and smashed it on the metal thing where you hang your coats."
After heading to a police station to report the incident, officers called an ambulance after Melissa began vomiting. Blanc was subsequently arrested and charged. Both parties were found guilty of assault in a Paris court last month (Feb17) and they are both appealing the verdict.
Blanc has denied the claims made by the actress in a statement to the Daily Mail.
"Regarding the supposed violence against Melissa George, I strongly contest it and have thus filed an appeal against the judgment, which is not final," he told the news outlet. "I have always maintained that I had been attacked first and was only trying to protect myself. Melissa George was found guilty and charged for these offenses."
© WENN Newsdesk 2017