Bruce Forsyth pulls out of hosting Strictly Come Dancing Xmas special1st Dec 16 | Entertainment News
Health concerns about the 88-year-old television veteran have intensified following the news that he hasn't even recorded a message for the festival special.
Bruce Forsyth won't be hosting the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special this year (16).
The 88-year-old television veteran has become synonymous with the BBC talent show, formerly hosting alongside Tess Daly before health worries saw him replaced by Claudia Winkleman.
He had been expected to host the festival edition of Strictly alongside Tess and Claudia, but his ailing health has meant he has had to pull out. According to the Daily Mirror, the BBC also confirmed that Bruce hasn't recorded a message for the programme like he did last year (15).
"Last year the Strictly message was recorded in December, there are no plans to do one this year," a source close to Bruce told the publication. "It doesn't seem right at this point. He needs a bit of peace and quiet to get on with getting better."
Bruce underwent keyhole surgery for an aneurysm earlier this year (16) and has been recovering since.
Speaking on ITV's This Morning last month (Nov16), Bruce's wife Lady Wilnelia Forsyth admitted she was left scared when her husband fell over - the incident that first raised concerns.
"I happened to be with my son Jonathan (when Bruce fell), it was very scary to see him like that, he was very bruised, it was really, really awful," she said. "We wanted to know why he had the fall so they did all the tests but he was fine.
"But then because they couldn't find anything so the doctor decided to do a full body scan. That's when they found two aneurysms, one in his abdomen and one near his hip.
"It was really a worry, so we decided to go to for the operation and he's been recovering since then."
© Cover Media Group 2016