Forget novelty knits, these are the most stylish sweaters around.
It’s Christmas Jumper Day on Friday, December 15, when we’re all encouraged to sport our finest festive knitwear to work and ‘make the world better with a sweater’ by donating money to Save the Children.
It’s a very worthwhile cause, of course, but what about those of us who don’t want to don a garment covered in tinsel, or emblazoned with a slogan like: ‘Merry Christmas Ya Filthy Animal’?
Fear not, sartorial Scrooges, because alongside all the tacky – sorry, novelty – knits this year, there are some very tasteful tops too, so you can get into the seasonal spirit without compromising your personal style. Phew!
These are the chicest Christmas jumpers and sweatshirts in the shops right now.
1. Monsoon Misty Mistletoe Jumper, £49
2. Cath Kidston Polar Bear Cotton Sweatshirt, €48
3. Oliver Bonas Dance With Me Jumper, €60
4. Dorothy Perkins Charcoal Snowflake Embellished Jumper, €35
5. Marks & Spencer Autograph Cashmere Star Print Jumper, €149
6. Nine by Savannah Miller Grey Pearl Embellished Knitted Jumper, €68, Debenhams
7. V by Very Sparkling Reindeer Fluffy Jumper, €38
8. Wallis Grey Star Print Jumper, €48
© Press Association 2017