Cinnamon Banana Bread
Wed, 24 January 2018
- 225g/8oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 1 level teaspoon Goodall's Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Odlums Bread Soda
- 150g/5oz Shamrock Golden Caster Sugar
- 50g/2oz Butter (room temperature)
- 2 Eggs
- Few drops Goodall's Vanilla Essence
- 2 Ripe Bananas, mashed
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
2. Put sugar, butter and eggs into a bowl and beat until creamy, scraping down the bowl every so often.
3. Add the bananas and vanilla essence and beat on low speed.
4. Sieve the flour, cinnamon and soda into the mixture and stir until just mixed.
5. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 40-50 minutes until risen and golden brown or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Cool in tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire tray to get cold. Delicious served with butter.