Carrot and Pineapple Loaf
Wed, 23 August 2017
175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 level teaspoon Bread Soda
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
125g/4oz Grated Carrot
1 x 432g tin Crushed Pineapple (well drained)
3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Lightly grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
2. Put the flour, sugar, sieved bread soda and cinnamon into mixing bowl. Stir in the carrot and pineapple.
3. Beat egg, oil and essence together and add to the dry ingredients. Beat until all well combined.
4. Transfer to the prepared tin and bake for about 1 to 1½ hours until firm to the touch and a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
5. Turn onto a wire tray to cool.