Keelings Pink Pancakes
Fri, 9 February 2018
· 125g self-raising flour
· 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
· 1/2 cup (125ml) raspberry puree
· 1 egg
· 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
· 40g butter for cooking
· Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
· Add the egg, buttermilk and raspberry puree and stir until well combined.
· Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
1. Melt half the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
2. Spoon 2 – 3 rounds of pancake batter into the pan (just less than 1/4 cup (60ml) each)
3. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface and pancakes are golden underneath.
4. Turn and cook for further 1-2 minutes or until golden underneath.
· Serve with extra Keelings raspberries and a dusting of icing sugar
Watch how it's made below: