Wed, 30 August 2017
125g/4oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal Flour
125g/4oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Odlums Baking Powder
50g/2oz Shamrock Light Muscovado Sugar
Rind of 1 Orange
125g/4oz Butter or Margarine
2 tablespoons Marmalade
1 tablespoon Honey
1 tablespoon Mixed Seeds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 175°C/325°F/Gas 3. Line a muffin tin with cases.
2. Melt butter/margarine and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. Mix the egg, milk, marmalade and honey into the cooled butter/margarine.
5. Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ones and mix to make a very soft mixture.
6. Spoon into muffin cases, making each case about two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
8. Cool on a wire tray.