Catherine Leyden is making some delicious cheese and ham pinwheels.
- 225g/8oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 50g/2oz Butter/Margarine
- 150ml/¼pt Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- 200g Carton Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- Ballymaloe Relish
- Thin Ham Slices
- Preheat oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Lightly grease and base line a 20cms/8" cake tin.
- Put the flour, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine, until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the milk and mix to a soft dough. Turn onto a floured board and gently knead.
- Roll on a floured surface until 30cms x 23cms/12" x 9" approx.
- Spread the cheese over the dough leaving an edge of about half an inch. Next spreads over the Ballymaloe and finally place the ham slices on top.
- Roll up tightly like a swiss roll. Cut into slices about 2½cms/1" in thickness.
- Arrange in the cake tin, they will all be touching.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until risen and golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to sit in tin for about 5 minutes, then turn onto a wire tray. Pull pinwheels apart to serve.
- Great for School Lunches!!