Catherine Leyden is going to show us how to make some tasty shortbread cookies!
- 175g/6oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- 125g/4oz Butter (softened)
- 50g/2oz Caster Sugar
- Beat butter and sugar together until smooth. Wooden spoon or electric mixer may be used!
- Add the flour and mix gently until a dough is formed.
- Use finger tips to form dough into a ball and lightly knead, if necessary.
- Press dough into a greased 8"/20cm round. A sandwich tin may also be used.
- Prick around top of dough with a fork.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C/325°F/Gas 3 for about 20 minutes or until very pale in colour.
- Allow to set in tin for 5 minutes; then transfer to a wire tray to cool. Sprinkle with caster sugar if liked.
- As soon as shortbread is cold, store in an airtight tin.
- For biscuits, roll out mixture and cut out rounds using a 3"/7cm cutter shape. For fingers, press dough into a 7"/18cm square tin and cut into fingers after baking.
- Serving Suggestions:
- with fresh cream and strawberries.
- with ice cream
- perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee.