Catherine Leyden is here to cook up a sumptious Carrot Cake
- 275g/10oz Odlums Self Raising Flour
- 275g/10oz Caster Sugar
- 2 Level Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 100g Packet Shamrock Chopped Walnuts
- 2 Level Teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Level Teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 300ml/ pt Sunflower Oil
- 275g/10oz Grated Carrot
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Carton of Philadelphia Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- Shamrock Chopped Walnuts for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F/Gas Grease and base line a 30cms x 23cms/ 12" x 9" baking tray or roasting tin.
- Put the dry ingredients flour, sugar, baking powder, walnuts, cinnamon and ginger into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Beat the oil, eggs and vanilla extract together. Add the liquid and the grated carrots to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into the prepared tin and smooth the top. Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes to 'set' then turn out onto wire tray to cool.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by beating the cheese and honey together. Spread over top of cake and sprinkle with walnuts if liked.
- Cut into squares, about 21!
- This will keep in a fridge for up to 2 weeks