Catherine Leyden bakes up a wholemeal Caraway Seed Bread.
- 275g/10oz Odlums Coarse Wholemeal
- 150g/5oz Odlums Cream Plain Flour
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 400ml/12oz Can Beer
- 2 Tablespoons Shamrock Maple Syrup
- 2 Dessertspoons Caraway Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Grease a 900g/2lb loaf tin well.
- In a small saucepan warm the beer, maple syrup and caraway seeds.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, pour the warm ingredients into the flour mixture and mix it up quickly.
- Quickly transfer to prepared tin, make a cut down the centre and bake for about 30 minutes until risen and when tapped underneath it has a hollow sound. Remove from oven and wrap in a clean tea towel untilcooled.