Showbiz News

  • Ozzy Osbourne burned hair in house fire

    Ozzy Osbourne burned his hair trying to put out the fire at his home.

    The Beverly Hills mansion where the 'Crazy Train' rocker and his wife, Sharon, nearly went up in flames on Thursday night (17.01.13), after they went to sleep with candles burning, but before the fire brigade came, they made an initial attempt to extinguish the blaze themselves.

    Sharon explained how Ozzy - who had surgery on his hand the previous day - tried to use the cast on his arm to help put out the fire, adding: ''I go into the kitchen to get water and throw the water on it, with the doors open and the water it erupted! It erupted, Ozzy's hair from here to here, gone.

    ''And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all.''

    She also told how she realised what was happening when their dogs started barking.

    She told E! News: ''My eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room - the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding.''

    The Los Angeles fire service arrived to save the day, and Sharon wanted to offer her thanks to the Beverly Hills Fire Department, although the smoke may have clouded the version of events in her mind a little.

    She added: ''At 5 o'clock, the firemen came and they were gorgeous. And I had my dressing gown on, and they laid me down on the front path, and they straddled me and they gave me mouth-to-mouth.''

Back

Twitter